The Toa Institute of International Foreign Languages asks you to prepare various application documents in order to properly apply for the status of residence in accordance with the guidance policy of the Tokyo Immigration Bureau.
Application documents vary depending on the country/region and the person’s background.
For more information, please contact our staff.
The flow to the entrance
Need to apply for a student visa?
Course for higher education / General course
Those who come to Japan on a short-term visa
Short-term course / Summer course
If you have a visa and live in Japan
Special Lectures / Private Lessons
- Application form (designated form of our school)
- 4 photos (size of 4cm x 3cm, taken within 3 months, designated on the back side)
- Resume and reasons for studying abroad (designated by our school)
- Diploma of the last educational background
- Final Academic Achievements
- Certificate of Japanese language study (150 hours or more)
- Japanese language exam pass certificate (JLPT, NAT-TEST, J.TEST, etc.)
- A copy of your passport (if you have one)
- Certificate of employment (if you have work experience)
Expense supporter’s documents
- Expense supporter’s documents (designated form of our school)
- Certificate of relationship with the applicant
- Certificate of Bank Deposit Balance
- Certificate of Employment
- Certificate of Income and Tax Payment
Please contact us for details, as the required documents vary depending on your nationality.
When to apply
Student Visa (E.S. Course, General Course)
|Course||How long do you want to submit your documents?||When to apply||Announcement of the results of the application|
|April students (two-year course)||August to October||End of November||Late February of the following year|
|July students (1 year and 9 months course)||November to February of the following year||Mid-March||End of May|
|October students (one year and six months course)||March – May||Beginning of June||The end of August|
|January students (one year and three months course)||From June to August||Mid-September||Beginning of November|
Short-term visas (short-term courses, summer courses) / Those with visas (special listening courses, private lessons)
|Course||Period of application||Entering the school year|
|Short-term course||From time to time||From time to time|
|Summer||From time to time||August (japan)|
|Special Lectures||From time to time||From time to time|
|Private Lessons||From time to time||From time to time|